While the efforts to fight skin cancer and melanoma are ongoing and making great strides the statistics are still terrifying. Germain Dermatology hopes each of you take this information and make a conscious decision to fight the facts and prevent yourself, and your family, from becoming a statistic. Only 10% of all people with melanoma actually have a family history of the disease~ Sun Safe practices can truly save lives.
- It is estimated that more than 8,500 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with skin cancer every day, Melanoma making up 1% of all Cancer Cases.
- In 2016, it is estimated that there will be 76,380 new cases of melanoma in the United States and 10,130 deaths from the disease.
- People under the age of 45 account for 25% of all Melanoma cases.
- Melanoma is the third most common cancer among women ages 20-39 and the second most common cancer in men ages 20-39.
- There is a 200% increase in Melanoma since 1973 with Melanoma rates in the United States doubling from 1982 to 2011.
- About 132,000 new cases of melanoma are diagnosed worldwide each year, according to the World Health Organization.
Get your skin checks, use san safe practices and spread the awareness to those you love!
Please follow and like us: