Looking for some ways to up your make-up game? See some celebrity tips below, it’s easier than you think. Applying Primer: Primer fills in fine lines and smoothes pores, it also keeps your makeup looking fresh all day. Consider it the key to making your skin makeup-ready.
- Apply Moisturizer First.
- Remember that a little goes a long way.
- Avoid the eye area (you want to use concealer and highlighting here).
- Let primer set for a few minutes before applying foundation.
The Perfect Eyeliner: Pencil, gel or liquid; winged, smudged or clean – the options are plentiful.
When using a pencil
- Make sure it is always sharpened to a point.
- Line as close to your lash line as you can (most suggest lining your ‘waterline’).
- Warm tip of pencil in your fingers for smoother application.
- Apply in short strokes.
When using cream or gel
- Always choose a long wear formula.
- Set the line by pressing eye shadow on top.
- Use and angled brush for creative cat lines and more.
- Use a precision brush for ultra thin lines.
When using Liquid
- Great for hooded eyelids or oily skin.
- Clean up mistakes with pointed q-tips.
- Use a thin applicator for easiest use.
*Extra Tip: want to widen your eyes? Skip the black liner and go for a color. Black, like in clothing, narrows your shape.
Not so False Lashes
Not everyone has time to apply false lashes before stepping out the door, nor does everyone have the money for eyelash extensions, so here are some ways to create unbelievable lashes without the hassle or the money.
- Use an eyelash curler. Heat your curler for a few seconds with a blow dryer. Then apply curler to the base of your lash line and hold tightly while rotating your hand upwards- pinch again.
- Apply a THIN layer of powder to the base of your lashes using a small blending brush. This will create a full base for your mascara.
- Apply two coats of mascara to both the top and bottom of your lashes (not your lower lashes). Wait a few minutes then apply another coat.
- Make any touchups with the brush tip or liquid eyeliner for gaps.
The Art of LipstickWhether you wear it all the time, or just use it to glam up a night on the town there is a definite RIGHT way to apply lip color.
- Exfoliate your lips with a soft toothbrush (baby brushes are great).
- Apply a lip cream or concealer to fill in ridges (Chapstick will make the color wear off much quicker).
- Apply a THIN layer of your foundation over entire lip area- yes you read that right. This acts as a blender for color and a primer.
- Always use a lip liner. Choose a neutral shade or a shade that matches your lipstick.
- Use a Lipbrush to paint your color on, inside the lines.
For more tips visit www.makeup.com