Over the years we have seen an increase in male patients for cosmetic procedures. It’s no secrete that everyone these days is fighting the aging process and going to new lengths to preserve their beauty- but what we really love is that men are now confident enough to be proactive and take their youth into their own hands. The proof is in the numbers:
- Men represent more than 9% of all cosmetic procedures, and is steadily growing.
- More than 1 million minimally invasive procedures were performed in men in 2012, an 8% increase from 2011.
- Men’s grooming products are one of the beauty industry’s fastest growing segments, with global revenues rising by an average of 6% a year.
- Men have more severe facial wrinkles except in the mouth area. Due to thicker skin in men age results in deeper expression lines. The prominent volume loss makes men appear older than their age when compared to women.
- Men are less likely to be looking for perfection, but interested in more subtle, natural looking results and want to avoid feminization.
- Men are seeking treatments at a younger average age than women usually beginning procedures around age 39 compared to the late 40s early 50s of women.
- The percentage of men seeking filler treatments rose to 10% of the total in 2013 from 8 percent in 2012.
Find more facts at ASDS.net and TheDermatologist.com